Because I Said So

"Mom's losing it!"

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Graduations, Nemo, Designer Visits - etc!

Let me start by saying we were in Rochester all weekend (Friday through Monday) for a graduation for hubby's niece. It was nice to be there to see her graduate but I want to know who decides how these ceremonies will go. We are there at 10:30 and nothing starts until 12:30. Princess2 is getting antsy. Ok, the President of the University talks and tries to be cool. Ugh. Then the valedictorian greets us all by name it seems (President, esteemed professors, graduates, parents, family members, janitors, lawn dudes, crows in the back of the field....) and then there is always a quote to show how much s/he knows about living life to it's fullest and reaching for that brass ring. More looking back on all this class has accomplished -the same class that shouts the loudest when beer is mentioned, who is playing beachball right now during the speech, and some of whom appear to not be wearing pants. (One even came late and had bought NACHOS at the refreshment stand!) Yes, I am sure it has been magical. And some beer right now would make MY stay on your campus better too, so I would also cheer. Then a Senator gave a speech that was OK but apparently a repeat of every other speech he has done because this family had been to another graduation last year and he said the same stuff! He told us all about some bad choices he made and then ran for office. Ok, sounds like the stuff dreams are made of. To the credit of the 20 somethings that graduated - they stopped playing ball during the National anthem. Was so glad to see that! But, at the point where the second keynote started was as far as Princess2 was going to hold on - we were all getting burned out there - yes, as an added bonus it was OUTSIDE! And we got to experience all the main weather phenomenon: cold, warm, hot, rainy, windy - and all without beer! Or at the very least a bottle of Moet like I took to my own graduation. Princess2 and I went to the car to watch Nemo for the 756th time. "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....."

I had an interior designer in my house for the first time today. My Mother never had one in and I really had no idea what to expect. She was very nice, very easy to work with and I am looking forward to implementing her ideas. First step is taking a wall down, so that is a little scary - and not too excited about the disruptions and all but - "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....."

I start tomorrow with a 3 hour conference call that is destined to not go well. Any idea how good THAT feels? Urgh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home